If you have been charged with operating a vehicle under the influence (OVI) in Delaware, Ohio, it is important to understand the severity of the situation and the potential consequences you may face. This offense carries heavy penalties that can have a significant impact on your life, including fines, license suspension, and even jail time.
However, with a dedicated Delaware criminal defense lawyer from Koffel Brininger Nesbitt by your side, you can fight back against these charges and protect your rights. Keep reading to learn how a Delaware criminal defense lawyer can help you navigate this challenging legal situation.
Understanding OVI Charges in Delaware, Ohio
OVI stands for operating a vehicle under the influence, and it refers to driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol. The state has strict laws and penalties in place to deter individuals from driving under the influence.
To be charged with an OVI in Ohio, your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) must be above the legal limit of 0.08%. However, even if your BAC is below the legal limit, you can still be charged if the arresting officer determines that your ability to drive is impaired.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Delaware County, call 614-675-4845
The Severe Consequences of OVIs
When it comes to potential criminal charges for operating a vehicle under the influence in Delaware, the consequences can be severe. If you are found guilty of an offense, you may face a range of penalties that can have a lasting impact on your life.
- Fines: The amount of the fine will vary depending on the specifics of your case, such as your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) and whether or not you have prior convictions. Additionally, you may face mandatory attendance at alcohol education programs, which can be time-consuming and expensive.
- License suspension: If you are convicted, your driver’s license may be suspended for a certain period, leaving you unable to drive legally. This can make it difficult to get to work, run errands, and meet your daily obligations.
- Jail time: You can be sent to jail if you have previous OVI convictions on your record or if your offense resulted in property damage or bodily harm.
Don’t wait until it’s too late – consult with a Delaware OVI defense lawyer as soon as possible to understand your rights and options for building a strong defense against potential criminal charges.
DUI Lawyer Near Me 614-675-4845
Should You Hire an OVI Defense Lawyer?
When facing OVI charges in Delaware, you need someone who has experience in these cases and has a deep understanding of the specific laws and regulations surrounding these offenses.
Knowledge and Experience
OVI laws are complex and constantly changing, and only a lawyer who focuses on this area of law will be up to date with the latest developments and strategies in OVI defense.
Handling the Legal Process
A defense lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal process and can navigate the complexities on your behalf. We will handle all necessary paperwork, filings, and court appearances, saving you time, stress, and potential errors that could harm your case.
Developing a Strong Defense
Our team will thoroughly evaluate the evidence against you and identify any weaknesses or inconsistencies. We will develop a strategic defense plan tailored to your specific case, utilizing their knowledge and skills to challenge the prosecution’s case.
Protecting Your Rights
One of the most important reasons to hire a defense lawyer is that we will protect your rights. We can help ensure that law enforcement followed proper procedures during your arrest and challenge any evidence that was obtained unlawfully or inaccurately. Our goal is to ensure that you receive a fair and just outcome.
Choosing the Right Criminal Defense Lawyer
When it comes to selecting a defense lawyer for your case in Delaware, it is crucial to choose someone who has experience with these types of defense cases.
- Record of success: Look for a lawyer who has a proven track record of successfully defending clients against similar charges. Reading reviews and testimonials can give you valuable insights into their past performance.
- Experience: Find out how long the lawyer has been practicing law and if they have handled cases similar to yours. It is essential to have a lawyer who not only has experience but also stays up to date with the latest developments and strategies in criminal defense.
- Communication style: You want someone who is attentive, responsive, and readily available to answer your questions and address your concerns. A good defense lawyer will take the time to listen to your side of the story and involve you in the decision-making process.
By carefully considering these factors and finding the right lawyer, you can have confidence in their ability to provide you with a strong defense and help secure the best possible outcome for your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact an OVI Defense Lawyer in Delaware, OH
In the face of a serious charge in Delaware, hiring a dedicated OVI defense lawyer is crucial. With Koffel Brininger Nesbitt by your side, you can protect your rights, challenge the evidence against you, and navigate the legal system with confidence.
Don’t underestimate the importance of having an experienced and dedicated OVI defense lawyer fighting for you during this challenging time. Contact us today to explore your options and build a strong defense. We are available 7 days a week, 7 am – 10 pm. Work with the firm rated as among the Best Lawyers in America since 2008.