Graduation season is upon us, and while it’s a time for celebration there are still things you need to keep in mind to ensure that partygoers remain safe.
- If you host a party do it during the daylight hours, preferably in the early afternoon;
- Don’t rent a location for the party, rather do it in your home;
- Your invitations should include a line that says, “Alcohol and drugs will not be permitted under any circumstances”;
- Rent fencing and set up the physical location so there is only one entrance and one exit;
- Provide several chaperones;
- Instruct all chaperones to walk the premises throughout, looking at any hiding place that someone might hide alcohol or drugs;
- Hire a special duty police officer to work the event. Your school resource officer would be perfect as he/she knows the kids in the school, who to watch out for.