Columbus Luring Defense Attorney
Guiding You Through Serious Sex Crime Allegations
When an individual is charged with luring, it can be detrimental to their career and future. This is because luring is the act of successfully, or attempting, to get a minor to enter a car or home away from his or her family or guardian. Unfortunately, this is not always the case as innocent acts may be misconstrued as an attempt to lure a child. If you have been charged with luring, there are numerous defenses that may be used on your behalf, and having a dedicated attorney can help with the process.
At The Koffel Law Firm, our Columbus luring defense lawyers have seen many cases in which innocent individuals were accused of luring despite their acts being harmless in nature. We know that the prosecution has to prove a number of things in a case involving luring. This is important to your case because we know how to combat these allegations every step of the way.
In a luring case, the following must be shown to secure a conviction:
- The defendant ordered, lured, or attempted to lure a minor
- The defendant ordered, lured, or attempted to lure a developmentally disabled individual
- The defendant tried to lure the minor into an are blocked from public view
- The defendant did not have consent of the minor’s parents or guardian
- The defendant is unknown to the minor
For your case evaluation, call (614) 675-4845