What most other states refer to drinking and driving as driving under the influence (DUI), Ohio considers this crime to be operating a vehicle under the influence (OVI). Truthfully, however, DUI and OVI charges are one in the same—and they are taken extremely seriously under state law. For this reason, if you or someone you love has been arrested in Dublin, it is absolutely critical that you take immediate action.
What You Should Ask Your Potential Defense Attorney
One of the first steps that you should take is acquiring legal representation from an attorney who you can trust. Who you choose is absolutely critical to the success of your case. Below, we describe some of the most important information to find out when searching for a Dublin DUI / OVI attorney to represent you during your case. Take your time and find someone with the skill and resources to help you. More importantly, someone you are comfortable working with.
Some of the questions you should ask before hiring your defense lawyer:
- How long have you been practicing criminal law?
- How many DUI / OVI cases have you handled?
- How often do you appear in the local courthouse?
- Have you worked with my case’s prosecutor before?
- Do you often negotiate plea agreements for your clients?
- How often have you taken DUI / OVI cases to trial?
You should also take this time to discuss your case honestly with an attorney to get their feedback and to hear their assessment of your situation, as well as how they would handle your case should you hire them.
Some additional questions to ask regarding your case include:
- What potential challenges do you see in my case?
- What can I expect during the entire process?
- Will you be the one to directly handle my case?
- If I have questions, who do I call? How quickly will you respond?
Get to Know the DUI / OVI Lawyers at The Koffel Law Firm
If you would like to learn more about the DUI / OVI team from The Koffel Law Firm, we encourage you to browse through our website today. Visit our case results to see real life examples of the clients we have helped. Read our attorney profiles to learn more about the award-winning lawyers who compose our legal team. You can also check out some of our testimonials to see what our clients have to say about working with us.
Consider the following 5 reasons why you should give us a call:
- We are 1 of only 3 Ohio law firms voted “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News for DUI / OVI Defense
- Attorney Koffel has been selected in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2008
- We have lawyers who have been selected for the prestigious Super Lawyers® list
- Attorney Koffel has been listed in the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys in Ohio by NACDA
- We have attorneys who have received a rating of AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®
If you would like to schedule your initial case evaluation, give us a call today at 614-675-4845.